Τρίτη 25 Απριλίου 2023

Bluebird, Charles Bukowski


 


There's a bluebird in my heart thatWants to get out but I'm too tough for himI say, stay in there, I'm not goingTo let anybody see you
 There's a bluebird in my heart thatWants to get outBut I pour whiskey on him and inhaleCigarette smokeAnd the whores and the bartendersAnd the grocery clerks never know thatHe's in there
 There's a bluebird in my heart thatWants to get out but I'm too tough for him
 I say, Stay down, do you want to messMe up? You want to screw up theWorks? You want to blow my book sales inEurope? There's a bluebird in my heart thatWants to get outBut I'm too clever, I only let him out
 At night sometimes when everybody's asleepI say, I know that you're thereSo don't be sadThen I put him backBut he's singing a littleIn there, I haven't quite let him dieAnd we sleep together like thatWith our secret pactAnd it's nice enough to make a manWeep, but I don't weep, doYou?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: